How to Apply Vinyl Decals
Applying Vinyl Decals or Lettering
- Clean the area where you want to apply the decal with rubbing alcohol or soap and water.
- Lay the decal face up on a flat surface. Rub a credit card firmly across the sticker through the clear transfer tape covering the design.
- Peel the white paper backing off the decal. (Try not to touch the sticky side fo the design!) If the vinyl clings to the paper, slowly replace the paper backing and repeat Step 2.
- Carefully line up the decal where you want to place it, and slowly lower it onto the surface. You can apply the center first and then press the decal flat from the center towards the outer edges, or you can apply one side first and press it flat across to the other side. Leave the clear transfer tape in place, and rub the decal in place firmly with a credit card.
- Starting with one corner, slowly peel the clear transfer tape off the design. Be careful not to pull the sticker off the surface! If the design sticks to the clear tape, carefully place it back down, and repeat Step 4.
- When your transfer tape is removed, allow the decal adhesive to cure at least 24 hours before disturbing or washing it.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you should be able to enjoy your decal for a few years! Email email@example.com if you have questions.
Applying Heat Transfer (Iron-On) Vinyl
- Heat your iron to the cotton/linen setting (usually the highest temperature setting). Make sure the steam setting is OFF for steam irons.
- Use the iron to preheat the fabric for 10-15 seconds where you will be applying your vinyl design.
- Place the vinyl design shiny side up onto the preheated fabric exactly as you want it be permanently applied. You can adjust the position before you apply the heat, so take your time to get it just right.
- Apply medium pressure with the iron to the vinyl for 25-30 seconds. If your design is larger than the iron, press it in sections, picking up the iron and moving it to the next section of the design for another 25-30 seconds.
- Flip the entire project over and apply medium pressure with the iron to the back of the material for an additional 25-30 seconds.
- Let cool 1-2 minutes. Peel up a corner of the clear liner to make sure the design is sticking . If not, apply more heat for 10-15 seconds and allow to cool again.
- Slowly peel off the clear lining, holding the fabric taut as you peel it away.